What is 5G? 5G is a game changer. All our lives will be different — the ways we work, play and connect will be significantly improved. But not all 5G networks are created equal.
U.S. Cellular spent a lot of time listening to customers and studying the way people actually use their cellular service. We created a unique 5G for individuals, businesses and governmental organizations to work and play better than ever before.
- How is U.S. Cellular's 5G network different? U.S. Cellular 5G will be supported by a new network built to deliver without limitations, that can go through walls and barriers other 5G cannot.
- How fast is 5G? U.S. Cellular 5G is so much faster than today’s 4G it virtually eliminates latency, responding in what seems like real time.
- What is network latency? It’s that fraction-of-a-second delay you experience opening an app or starting a video with service slower than 5G.
- Video chatting on U.S. Cellular 5G is seamless — when connecting on screens, it feels like there’s no screen at all.
- 5G for faster downloads and better streaming. With U.S. Cellular 5G, you’ll download a movie in a fraction of the time you’re used to and stream 4K movies with ease.
- U.S. Cellular 5G means console-quality multiplayer gaming even in 3D that you can play on your handset.
- 5G for AR and VR: Augmented and virtual reality will be a lot like reality.
- Wondering when 5G is coming to you? Check out our 5G coverage map for the most up-to-date info on U.S. Cellular’s 5G network coverage